This sour apple smoothie recipe is flavorful, easy to make, and packed with nutritious ingredients you can feel good about.
This sour green apple smoothie is packed with fiber and nutrients, all in one delicious drink with big sour apple flavors, with a touch of sweetness.
Why You’ll Love This Sour Apple Smoothie Recipe
- This green apple smoothie recipe is made with four simple, healthy ingredients that deliver the perfect sour apple taste.
- This smoothie makes a great breakfast or healthy snack any time of day.
- This sour apple smoothie is naturally gluten-free and nut-free. and can easily be made vegan or dairy-free.
- This smoothie features a good dose of vitamin C, calcium, minerals, and heart-healthy fiber.
- This smoothie comes out delightfully creamy in texture.
- For the best sour apple flavor, be certain to use tart, bright green, firm apples such as Granny Smith Apples for the best results.
- Be certain to use plain yogurt only. Using flavored yogurt will produce very different results.
- Keep the apple peel on the apples not only for nutrition but flavor as well.
- Feel free to add a scoop of protein powder to this smoothie recipe, but aim for a neutral unflavored protein powder or vanilla protein powder for the best results.
- If you would like your smoothie to be green in color, as well as have added nutrition, add a handful of baby spinach or a peeled and pitted avocado.
- The sweetener is optional in this recipe. It is nice and tart without it, but adding a touch of honey or maple syrup does help round it out for more of a sweeter apple taste as well.
- If you are not a fan of yogurt, use almond milk or conventional milk instead.
- For some healthy fats, add a spoonful of chia seeds before blending.
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes
Sour Apple Smoothie
We appreciate you taking the time to rate!
- 2 tart green apples (I like Granny Smith) cored and sliced
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or plain plant-based yogurt
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice optional
- Combine the apples, yogurt, ice, lemon juice and optional sweetener in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!